Purpose of the job
ATT/TCHC is looking for enthusiastic and qualified assessors to support the delivery of our range of Apprenticeship Frameworks and Standards in the following areas:
- Level 3 Business Administrator
- Level 2/3 Retailer/Retail Management
- Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative
- Level 2/3 Customer Service Practitioner/Specialist
- Level 3 Team Leader Supervisor
- Level 5 Operations and Departmental Manager
Your role will be to ensure that all learners and Apprentices meet the occupational standards needed to achieve their apprenticeship qualifications and demonstrate the required levels of competence, including the delivery of Functional Skills in Maths and English up to Level 2. This role combines teaching and learning alongside assessment.
Roles are available across Herts, Essex, Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire as required - travel is integral to the job.
Day to Day Tasks
- Planning and delivering vocational training programmes and workshops
- Observing and assessing candidates in their workplace
- Reviewing and assessing candidate portfolios of evidence using our e-portfolio system
- Delivering Functional Skills in Maths and English at the required levels
- Use CRM and IT assessment tools to monitor and evidence workload and Apprentice progression
- Providing constructive feedback and offering advice and support to meet and exceed the required standards
- Support the learning process through use of digital learning resources and facilitating workplace on-the-job and off the job training as required
- Plan the assessment process with learners and employers – observe, via remote delivery and learning to record assessment, feedback and complete all relevant documentation
- Engage and coach the learner’s line manager to provide adequate support and guidance needed by the learner during the working day.
- Provide information, advice and guidance throughout the learner’s qualification
- Provide learners with all the relevant policies and regulations to clarify what is expected of them and to ensure their safety
- Signing off the award when all the requirements have been met in line with End Point Assessment organisation conditions.
- Maintaining records of candidates' progress to ensure deadlines for completion are met
- Working closely with employers, ATT/TCHC training and quality staff and managers
- Working with the ATT/TCHC training and quality staff and managers, to ensure all quality assurance requirements are met, as part of the continuous quality improvement requirements set by awarding organisations and external bodies
- Any other duty which from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of ATT/TCHC
TCHC Head of Apprenticeships
- To ensure compliance with Safeguarding, Prevent, Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and British Values and all other appropriate policies, procedures, and legislation
- Have a full understanding of the OFSTED Education Inspection Framework and ESFA Funding Rules for Levy and Non-Levy Employers
- Being well organised with a methodical approach to work using strong digital skills and technology to support the learner journey.
- Having excellent communication skills
- Being supportive, tactful and patient
- Being able to work alone and as part of a team
- Data collection and create accurate reports
- Be able to develop learners to achieve across the apprenticeship standards
- The ability to relate to people at all levels
- Being able to explain the values / benefits of training and Apprenticeships to learners and employers
- Being able to clearly explain complex topics
- Have a strategic and commercial attitude
- Be a creative, lateral thinker and energetic team player with a high level of enthusiasm
- Have the ability to prioritise and work under pressure with good time management
Education Level requirement for this role:
- Qualification as a trainer – PTLLS/AET or other recognised teaching qualification at Level 3 or above
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English or equivalent
- Minimum Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Workplace (CAVA/TAQA/A1/D32/33)
- Level 3 qualification in occupational area as a minimum - or equivalent
Experience level required:
It is essential that you have at least 3 years’ experience of working within the above sectors and can demonstrate this through time served occupational experience and/or associated qualifications.
You must hold a full UK driving licence, including business insurance, be a confident and able driver and have access to your own vehicle. DBS checks will be a requirement for this position.
How to apply:
To apply please email your CV and covering letter outlining your sector specific areas of delivery to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
ATT/TCHC is an equality and diversity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees.