Step Forward is for young people who are looking for work. If you are not in employment, education or training (NEET) this programme combines careers advice with gaining the skills employers are looking for and work experience.
If you want to get into work – whatever job you are looking for, employers want core skills. On Step Forward you will hear from local employers about the skills they need. Plus support in developing work skills, 20 days work experience and develop key interview techniques so that you can stand out from the crowd.
We can help!
Our Step Forward team can help you get the skills employers need and the experience they are looking for.
Over 10 days we will help you step forward and get you prepared for the world of work. Then we will find you 20 days of work experience, so you’ll have the mindset and skills employers are looking for.
How it works and what you’ll learn
- 20 days of work experience
- Talks from employers giving you inside info on what they want
- Guaranteed interview with an Apprenticeship provider
- Team building skills – so you’ll fit into a work team setting
- Career advice, information and guidance
- Money management skills
- CV writing and development – promote your skills to employers
- Preparing for Interviews – fight the nerves and convince employers you’re what they need
- An accredited qualification
Who’s it for?
If you are aged 16-24 years old, not in employment, training or education and live in Ipswich we can help.