The European Social Fund (ESF) was set up to improve employment opportunities in the European Union and so help raise standards of living. It aims to help people fulfil their potential by giving them better skills and better job prospects.
Community Grants makes funds available in the form of small grants to appropriate third sector organisations in order to help increase employment and reduce unemployment and inactivity amongst very disadvantaged populations. It will be allocated to local groups that look to mobilise disadvantaged or excluded unemployed and economically inactive people. These grants will facilitate the progress of these individuals that are a long way from the job market move closer towards employment. TCHC is the Grant Co-ordinating body contracted by the Skills Funding Agency to deliver this Community Grants initiative in the East of England.
Who can apply for a grant?
Voluntary / third sector organisation in the East of England who provides one or more of the following services / training:
- Initial help with basic skills
- Taster work experience including voluntary work
- Training advice and guidance
- Job search assistance
- Confidence building and personal development
- First contact engagement activities e.g. to Provide support to individuals overcome barriers to learning and / or employment.
Priority is given to the following client groups:
- People with disabilities and health conditions
- Lone parents
- People aged 50 or over
- People from ethnic minorities.
Grants of up to £12,000 are available to help you deliver the above services to those client groups outlined.
In addition there will be limited scope of up to 10% of the fund available to support capacity building activities within your third sector organisations for things such as:
- Training for your own staff and volunteers
- Actions to support the development of delivery and accreditation arrangements in-house.
- Support to achieve quality marks (Training Quality Standard; Matrix)
How can I apply for a grant?
Applications are now open. The next application deadline is 19 April 2013, please visit our applications page for more information.
Funding will be released periodically and will be awarded to organisations that have completed a formal grant application. Your application will then be evaluated by an independent panel, where after we will inform successful applicants.